At St Andrew’s and St Mark’s we believe in the right learning at the right time. Our curriculum is implemented with a clear intention: to develop pupils’ knowledge and skills in each subject clearly and incrementally.
Our curriculum vision:
At St Andrew’s and St Mark’s we believe in the right learning at the right time. Our curriculum is implemented with a clear intention: to develop pupils’ knowledge and skills in each subject clearly and incrementally. Pupils’ vocabulary is taught explicitly in each subject in order to foster ability and understanding. Our curriculum is designed to enable knowledge retention and the ‘sticky knowledge’ of each unit of work is carried forward to further learning and equips pupils’ to be life-long learners as they transition into secondary education and the world of work. Links between years and subjects are made to provide a holistic education and helps learners build connections that helps them ask further questions about the world around them. Our curriculum is reinforced through enrichment opportunities that fosters all pupils’ talents and develops cultural capital: we are part of a wider Christian and global community. This approach enables all to be the best they can be by working together.
All the children in the school follow the National Curriculum. This includes mathematics, English, science, history, geography, religious education, art, DT, music, French, computing and PE.
We have first-class facilities at SASM including:
- A food technology room for a class to cook together
- A DT and art room for practical work
- A science lab for 'working scientifically' lessons.
- A Learning Resource Centre, which includes 90 laptops for computing lessons and a library
- An outdoor Multi-Use-Games –Area (MUGA) for PE teaching.
- A dance studio for PE lessons and group work.
- Each child has their own iPad to be used for cross-curricular work in classrooms
- An interactive white board (IWB) in each room to enhance teaching and learning.